1. Choose a topic relevant to sociology. (SEXISM IN LATIN AMERICAN CULTURE) It cannot be a psychological or biological explanation. In sociology there has to be a social interaction, which entails, at least, a dyad.
2. Use ASA or APA format. http://www.asanet.org/sites/default/files/savvy/documents/teaching/pdfs/Quick_Tips_for_ASA_Style.pdf (Links to an external site.)
3. Pay most attention to proper references in the body and on the reference list.
4. The body must be five double spaced pages. This does not include the title page, abstract page, and reference page.
5. Include an abstract. An abstract is a one paragraph summary of the material. It is presented after the title page and should be the last item you complete for this project.
6. The references must all be sociological journal articles (at least five). A good place to start is to look at sample journals at the ASA website. http://www.asanet.org/research-and-publications (Links to an external site.)
Also, conduct a JSTOR (or other electronic databaseJSTOR is recommended) search, via the library search engine. Be sure to click sociology under advanced search.
7. The format is standard with an introduction, body, and conclusion. Make sure you have a consistent theme throughout your paper.