2 Pages of Bullet Statements (maximum) + 1 Works Cited Page // Times New Roman // 12 Pt. // Double-Spaced on the first two pages
AFTER completing Financial Analysis PART I, please answer the following questions:
What conclusions can we draw after reviewing the financial data of RBI and Yum? In your opinion, who is more successful? How do you know? Can you see a trend in revenue, COGS, Profit, or debt?
What might our findings tell us about the trajectory of the industry?
Using the financial data, perform a Strength and Weaknesses Analysis for RBI.
RBI = Tim Hortons (Competitive Advantages) 1 Page of Content – bullet points (maximum 1 page) + 1 Works Cited Page // Times New Roman // 12 Pt. // Double-Spaced
Based on your research of RBI, what is their competitive business strategy? (name it. choose between 1-4)
What evidence support your answer to question number one?
Are RBI advantages sustainable? Why? Why not? ( Hint: Consider its position vis–vis Porter’s five forces.)
Lastly, Complete the spreadsheet by calculating
Gross Profit; Gross Profit Margin; ROE; D/E; Current Ratio; and EPS. Attached is the excel file
FinRatioExercise Intro.xls to use in answering the question
Then answer the following questions
1. Financial Ratio Exercise Who is doing the most business?
2. Who is the most efficient (lowest cogs relative to revenue)?
3. Who has the most expensive cogs relative to revenue?
4. Who has the best D/E (given the industry average is .56)?
5. Can D/E be too low?
6. Company financed by most debt?
7. Who is the leanest on cash (current ratio)?
8. cash rich?
9. Best company? Why? (rev, profit, roe, eps)
10. Which company is the best investment? What criteria?