TEXTBOOKS TO BE READ AND QUOTED IN THE PAPER
1. Osmer, Richard R. Practical Theology: An Introduction. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2008. ISBN: 9780802817655. (READ CHAPTERS 2 AND 3 ) MAIN READING
2. Crick, Robert. Outside the Gates: The Need for, Theology, History, and Practice of Chaplaincy Ministries. Oviedo: HigherLife Development Services, 2011. ISBN: 9781935245575. (SECONDARY READING READ CHAPTERS 14 ) TO BE QUOTED ALSO
3. Find and also quote relevant scriptures that you find also.
DISCUSSION ASSIGNMENT PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
The student will post one thread of at least 450 words by Thursday of the assigned module: week. For each thread, students must support their assertions with scholarly citations in Turabian format. Each reply must incorporate scholarly citation(s) in Turabian format. Acceptable sources include the Bible, course textbooks, and other scholarly sources. Scripture must be used as a source for your reasoning.
DISCUSSION ASSIGNMENT QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED THOROUGHLY IN THE PAPER
1. Who am I as a chaplain representing my denomination based on their faith statement?
2. Does it mean then that I embody the theological expectations of the denomination?
3. If so, how?
NOTE: Only apply to do the paper if you can access the above Required Textbooks or have access to them, and look at the Grading Rubric Critically, and lastly the following are the Learning outcomes this week that will help you put the short writings together:
Define your denominational doctrine of faith using Osmers four core tasks of practical theological interpretation.
Describe your denominational doctrine of faith using Osmers four core tasks of practical theological interpretation.