Choose one specific cultural group in the U.S. or elsewhere for which you have a particular interest.
You may wish to consider choosing a cultural group that you will be serving in your future advanced
nursing role. Conduct a literature search for varied types of credible, peer-reviewed scholarly
publications which may include journal articles, book chapters, white papers; government publications
or sources such as credible professional nursing and healthcare organizations. Prepare a voice-
narrated powerpoint slide presentation which concisely addresses key points in items one through five
below as they apply to your chosen cultural group. Include a title slide which names the chosen
culture, your name (Xxxx Yyyy), and academic credentials (RN), and a reference slide with only
selected key citations cited in the slide presentation.
Required Content for Powerpoint Presentation
1. What are the appropriate interdisciplinary interventions for hereditary, genetic, and endemic
diseases and high-risk health behaviors within this culture?
2. What are the influences of value systems in this culture on childbearing and bereavement
3. What are the sources of strength, spirituality, and magico- religious beliefs associated with
health and health care within this culture?
4. What are the healthcare practices for this culture such as acute versus preventive care,
barriers to healthcare, the meaning of pain and the sick role; and traditional folk medicine
5. What are cultural issues related to learning styles, autonomy, and preparation of educational
content for this culture?
1) Do NOT do the Voice Narration, I will do that. Just put the words in the notes section in
the bottom part of the slide. Then I will read that and add the voice portion myself.
2) My chosen culture is Hispanics in the USA. (Preferably in California)
3) Add a picture or graphic to aesthetically enhance each slide.
Length: Voice Narrated PPT not to exceed 10 min.
Format: APA 6th ed. citation format.
Research: A minimum of five scholarly reference citations is required.
Citations NEED to be within 5 (Five) years
Context: Nursing in the USA