Constitutional Law II Asgn 6
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission using at least three scholarly references . Cite your sources using APA style as required. Check your spelling. 500-600 word minimum
Assignment: 1.Give some examples of the punishments that were in place during the drafting and ratification of the American Constitution. How did these punishments change after the Constitution was put in place?
2. Contrast the crimes for which the death penalty is made mandatory against the three classes of offenders who are not death-penalty eligible. How would you define "irreparable corruption" from Montgomery v. Louisiana 136 S.Ct. 718 (2016)? Why do you think these distinctions have been put into law? Do you agree with them? Why or why not?
3. Research the case that marked the beginning of the Supreme Court's capital punishment sentencing reforms and explain what this case held.
4. Make a compelling argument for "humane punishment" with the understanding that it has not always been practiced. Include the present constitutionally acceptable forms of punishment that must be carried out in a humane fashion. Include how the United States’ punishment compares to the punishment in several Middle Eastern or African countries.