Using the case company below address the assignment questions
The story of UPS, the world’s largest package delivery company, began more than a century ago with a $100 loan to jumpstart a tiny messenger service. How we evolved into a multi-billion-dollar global corporation reflects the history of modern transportation, international commerce, logistics and financial services. Today, UPS is customer first, people led, innovation driven. Its powered by more than 495,000 employees connecting more than 220 nations and territories across roads, rails, air, and ocean. Tomorrow, UPS will continue to lead the industry and connect the world, with a commitment to quality service and environmental sustainability. (UPS, n.d.)
1. The essay consists of five tasks
a. Provide an introduction to your essay.
b. Using one of the strategy frameworks (PESTLE, Porters five forces, or Porters generic strategies), explain its main concepts and, based on it, examine the competitive forces faced by the company.
c. Identify and evaluate the resources and capabilities of the company using one of the strategy frameworks (VRIN or Dynamic capabilities).
d. Using an example of the companys strategic alliance, critically evaluate their decision using one of the strategy approaches (Transaction costs, horizontal integration, vertical integration, or Inter-firm cooperation).
e. Conclude your essay with a summary.
2. In preparing the assignment, you will need to carry out your own research in order to find out more about the organisations, their strategies and the external environment within which they operate.
3. It is up to you to define the scope of your analysis. It can include one or more elements of the companys strategic plan or a broader overview of the strategy. However, in defining the scope of the case study, remember to balance the depth and coverage of your analysis.
4. Remember that your work needs to be grounded in relevant academic literature. Good essays will go beyond the textbook, including other relevant academic references to support the analysis.
5. It should be clearly written in an academic style, following guidelines on essay writing. Use Harvard referencing style and Times New Roman font and 12 font size.
6. Your essay should contain a title page which should include your registration number but not your name.
7. Your assignment should be a maximum 1,500 words. Do not exceed this word limit. Writing concisely is an important academic skill. Carefully proofread your work before submission.