Read chapters 15 and 16 in your textbook and look at PowerPoint #14
Also, use the Weekly Overview to help you with the assignment.
Focus your attention on aspects of economic and social policy
Assignment details: At least a 2.5 page double spaced response.
Write at least a 2.5 page response detailing some of the major features of economic and social policy. Use chapters 15 and 16, the PowerPoint, the Overview as well as any outside resource you choose. In the course of your response, please address the following questions:
1. What is the difference between fiscal and monetary policy? Also, how does the relationship between Congress and the President affect fiscal and monetary policy?
2. What is the difference between Laissez-Faire and Keynesian economics? Which economic school of thought makes more sense to you, why or why not?
3. What are some different ways that government regulates the economy, competition, labor, stock markets, the environment, etc.?
4. What are some of the advantages as well as disadvantages of deregulation?
5. Provide historical examples regarding the role that the government has played in social policy. You may want to focus on Great Depression era programs, the Great Society, etc.
6. Focus on economic and social policy in the context of the COVID-19 crisis. Has the government done enough to protect the economy as well as people? Have they gone too far? Is more needed? I would simply like your opinion here. Please be thorough. You will earn most of your points on this question.
These are just some things you can focus on as you are responding. Feel free to address other issues. You should use the book, PowerPoint, Overview as well as any outside source you choose.