1. Given a synthesis of adult education theories, what aspects of the synthesized theory are most likely to support successful adult instruction? Why?
2. How might a synthesis of adult education theories studied in this course (Applications of Adult Learning) guide your research and practice in the Adult Learning field? Explain.
1. Tolliver, D. E., Martin, A., & Salome, N. (2018). Competency-based education, lifelong learning and adult students: Insights from international partnerships between East Africa, Southern Africa and USA-based institutions of higher education. Journal of Pan African Studies, 12(1), 123-145.
2. Walker, J. (2017). Shame and transformation in the theory and practice of adult learning and education. Journal of Transformative Education, 15(4), 357-374.
3. Milana, M., Rasmussen, P., & Holford, J. (2016). The role of adult education and learning policy in fostering societal sustainability. International Review of Education/Internationale Zeitschrift fur Erziehungswissenschaft, 62(5), 523-540.
4. Majeski, R. A., Stover, M., & Valais, T. (2018). The community of inquiry and emotional presence. Adult Learning, 29(2), 53-61.