Case studies are an important learning strategy in business classes as theyprovide an opportunity for you to critically analyze events that have taken place in real-life businesses. This develops your critical thinking and research skills as you research the competition and industry in which your business resides with an end goal of formulating a recommendation for the challenges faced by the company.
Select one of the three case studies listed below, which can befound in your textbook. Evaluate the case of your choice, and respond to each of the questions below using both theory and practical managerial thinking as well as supporting research.
Option 1: Microsoft (pp. 9495)
1. Evaluate Microsofts product and marketing evolution over the years.What has the company done well, and where did it falter?
2. Through the application of a political, economic, social, andtechnological (PEST) analysis, what are the current environmentalfactors impacting Microsoft?
3. Who are the top three competitors of Microsoft, and what are theiradvantages/disadvantages with respect to satisfying the valueproposition of their customers?
4. Evaluate Microsofts recent expansions into areas such as searchengines and smartphones. Do you think these are good areas of growthfor Microsoft with a focus on customer value, satisfaction, andloyalty?
Option 2: Tesco (pp.154155)
1. Evaluate Tesco brands product and marketing evolution over theyears. Whats most important to the Tesco brand with respect to changesin how consumers shop for grocery products?
2.Through the application of a PEST analysis, what are the currentenvironmental factors impacting Tesco?
3.Who are the top three competitors of Tesco, and what are theiradvantages/disadvantages with respect to satisfying the value proposition oftheir customers?
4.How will Tesco grow without losing focus on its core customer as theylook to maintain customer value, satisfaction, and loyalty?
Option 3: IKEA (pp.185186)
1. Evaluate IKEAs business model concept and how it has evolvedthrough the years. It has been stated that they have essentially changedthe way people shop for furniture. What are the pros and cons of thistype of strategy for IKEA?
2.Through the application of a PEST analysis, what are the currentenvironmental factors impacting IKEA?
3.Who are the top three competitors of IKEA, and what are theiradvantages/disadvantages with respect to satisfying the value proposition oftheir customers?
4.As IKEA looks to maintain markets in the United States as well as expandto areas such as Asia and India, what would you recommend tomaintain customer value, satisfaction, and loyalty?
In formatting your case analysis, do not use the question-and-answer format;instead, use an essay format with subheadings. Your APA-formatted case studyshould be a minimum of 500 words in length (not counting the title and reference pages). You are required to use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic sources that are no more than 5 years old (one may be your textbook).All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations.
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment